When investing in a home, you want to ensure that you are covered in all aspects. And it’s important to be covered for the unexpected. Homeowners insurance for customers around the Latham, Clifton Park, and Albany, NY areas, covers more than just your home itself, and it’s easily affordable when you choose Armor Group Insurance. Homeowners’ insurance can also make replacing your belongings easier than you thought possible. Our policies offer coverage for items like furniture, appliances, clothing, and more. While offering prompt and professional customer service during a difficult time. We understand that insurance can be confusing, which is why you can find a simple breakdown of different homeowners’ policies, and what they cover. If you have more questions or want to learn more about insuring your home, give us a call today at (518) 317-9955, we serve the greater Capital District!
1. Coverage for the structure of the home
- This part of a policy pays to repair or rebuild a home if it is damaged or destroyed by fire, hurricane, hail, lightning, or other disaster listed in the policy.
- Does NOT include damage caused by a flood, earthquake, or routine wear and tear.
- Expensive items like jewelry, furs, and silverware are covered, but there are usually dollar limits if they are stolen. To insure these items to their full value, individuals can purchase a special personal property endorsement or floater and insure the item for its appraised value.
2. Coverage for personal belongings
- Furniture, clothes, sports equipment, and other personal items are covered if they are stolen or destroyed by fire, hurricane, or other insured disasters.
- Most companies provide coverage for 50 to 70 percent of the amount of insurance on the structure of a home
3. Liability protection
- Liability covers lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that policyholders or family members cause to other people. It also pays for damage caused by pets.
- The liability portion of the policy pays for both the cost of defending the policyholder in court and any court awards—up to the limit of the policy.
4. Additional living expenses
- This pays the additional costs of living away from home if a house is inhabitable due to damage from a fire, storm, or other insured disasters.
- It covers hotel bills, restaurant meals, and other living expenses incurred while the home is being rebuilt.