If you own a vehicle, you need car insurance. And at Armor Group Insurance, we can provide you with affordable rates and personalized service when you need it most. For customers around Clifton Park, NY, or the surrounding Capital District, our insurance policies feature exceptional coverage paired
with best-in-class customer service, which is crucial in the event of an emergency or car accident. Our helpful team can assist you with finding the right coverage that will give you peace of mind and offer financial protection in the event of a collision. However, we understand that insurance talk is confusing. That’s why below, you can find a breakdown of all you need to know about Auto Insurance, so you can be confident you’re making the right choice when you work with us!
- Bodily Injury Liability — If you’re at fault in a car accident that injures someone, bodily injury liability coverage pays for their medical expenses and lost wages that are a result of their injuries.
- Property Damage Liability — This coverage helps pay to repair damage you cause to another person’s vehicle or property. It typically helps cover the cost of repairs if you are at fault for a car accident that damages another vehicle or property such as a fence or building front.
Frequently required coverage
- Medical Payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) — Provides coverage for the healthcare expenses associated with a car accident. PIP covers medical expenses for both injured policyholders and passengers, even if some don’t have health insurance.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage — Reimburses you when an accident is caused by an uninsured motorist—or in the case of a hit-and-run. You can also purchase underinsured motorist coverage, which will cover costs when another driver lacks adequate coverage to pay the costs of a serious accident.
Even if these types of coverage are optional in your state, consider adding them to your policy for greater financial protection.
- Collision — This optional coverage reimburses you for damage to your car that occurs as a result of a collision with another vehicle or other object—e.g., a tree or guardrail—when you’re at fault. While collision coverage will not reimburse you for mechanical failure or normal wear-and-tear on your car, it will cover damage from potholes or from rolling your car.
- Comprehensive — This provides coverage against theft and damage caused by an incident other than a collision, such as fire, flood, vandalism, hail, falling rocks or trees and other hazards—even getting hit by an asteroid!
Glass Coverage — Windshield damage is common, and some auto policies include no-deductible glass coverage, which also includes side windows, rear windows and glass sunroofs. Or you can buy supplemental glass coverage.